The blog *forwomenseyesonly* has been nominated for the Reality Award. Thank you MisBehaved Woman of MisBehaved Woman for this much appreciated nomination, and for your blog. One of MisBehaved Woman’s sentiments, “No, I will NOT sit down and learn to ‘behave myself’’“ is an inspirational reminder to truly live and take part in life while you can.
And of course this award also allows opportunity to formally thank the women from Blogcritics at http://blogcritics.org/culture/article/unnecessary-pap-smears/comments-page-189/#comments . Without the dedicated and tireless efforts of the women (and men) there (Elizabeth, Jacqui, Chrissy, Mary, Sia, Alice, Kleigh, Diane, Jane, Graeme, Eline, and many more) I would not have had the courage to start up this blog. Thank you! Also a special thank you to Yazzmyne of http://womenagainststirrups.proboards.com/index.cgi , a wonderful pioneer of this topic. And now on to the requirements of acceptance.
The award requires me to answer the following questions. These are serious questions worthy of some serious answers, and they also provide the perfect opportunity to summarize some of the messages I and others have commented about on my blog:
1. If you could change something what would you change?
The underlying attitudes which may lead to disrespect of women in general, and more specifically, the way women are sometimes disrespected by certain members of the medical community.
2. If you could repeat an age, what age would it be?
Whatever age it was before health care became health business. I want that age back.
3. What one thing really scares you?
The lack of awareness regarding possible harmful outcomes when women are coerced into unwanted medical screening.
4. What one dream have you not completed yet and do you think you will be able to complete it?
To see women treated with respect and offered truthful informed consent at every medical appointment, most especially regarding pap tests and pelvic exams. I think that I, together with the women over at blogcritics and other informed women here and elsewhere, will definitely be able to help make it happen.
5. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
Stretching the question a bit, I would like to be a mermaid for one day. Always have and hopefully always will.
All of the WordPress blogs I follow are excellent blogs so it was hard to narrow it down, but the blogs I would like to pass this award on to, in no particular order, are:
The rules to follow if you choose to accept:
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back to them
- Answer the 5 questions presented
- Nominate 5 bloggers for the award and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere
The list of questions to answer are the same as above:
- If you could change one thing what would you change?
- If you could repeat an age, what would it be?
- What one thing really scares you?
- What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it?
- If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be?