If you find yourself being pressured into an unwanted pelvic exam while at your Doctor’s, here are some steps you can take to prevent this from happening again:
1. At least three weeks prior to seeing your Doctor, do not bathe the lower half of your body.
2. Don’t do any other personal grooming either. Let things grow in, out, and all about.
3. Eat beans, cabbage and broccoli a few hours before your Doctor’s visit.
5. Prop your head up with your clothing or purse. This will make it easier to see what your Doctor is doing.
6. Ask if you can take your Doctor’s picture midway through the exam.
7. Start laughing at some point after the speculum has been inserted (if your doctor is able to get to this stage). Do not explain why you are laughing.
9. Pour a tablespoon of lubricant into a fresh condom, crumple it up, and insert it inside your vagina just prior to your visit.
If you follow all nine of the above steps, you might not face the same pressure to have a pelvic exam the next time you see your doctor. You probably wouldn’t get kicked out of the stirrups for eating crackers, but you might get ousted if you follow these steps. Have fun!